BENEFITS OF T.I.P.S. (ALCOHOL AWARENESS)
- T.I.P.S. is a practical, common sense approach to preventing irresponsible alcohol service and consumption. T.I.P.S. training helps people who are drinking from hurting themselves, injuring others or damaging personal property.
- Receive assistance in creating and implementing a training roll-out plan to ensure full coverage of your staff.
- Promote the responsible use of alcohol.
- Use T.I.P.S. training as a "reasonable efforts" defense in liquor liability lawsuits.
- Meet all state requirements for server training programs. T.I.P.S. is the only program approved in all states that regulate server training.
JOSHUA SYSTEMS NOW TEACHES THE UNIVERSITY COURSE
· Whether or not a student chooses to drink, T.I.P.S. for the University recognizes that at some point in their college career every student will be in a situation where alcohol is being consumed. T.I.P.S. prepares students with the skills and confidence to handle those situations; to intervene effectively to prevent peers from harming themselves or others. T.I.P.S. is unique in its approach because it involves administrators and students in the process of affecting change on their campus.
We acknowledge that students on campus are in the best position to educate other students. They are close to the situation and understand their campus culture.